Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kiva.org

The Ooze is one of the websites I check out on a daily basis. It is usually filled with interesting conversation, although one fellow did say the following: "Hey underdog... i saw your blog. Let me just say that before you write or type one more word in your blog. That you have have become completely utterly irrelevant. Go sprinkle some water on a baby. peace."

Either way, I figure if I'm annoying in such a wonderful way, I'm doing my job. But I came across a wonderful article on Kiva.org, which provides microloans to a wide number of people all throughout the world. But I think the best part of it is that once the people you have donated money to repay the loan, you get your money back to reinvest in someone elses future.

So far I've donated to the following people.

The Mshikamano Group, which is 4 carpenters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. $50

Luisa Luaao who runs a grocery store in Samoa. $25
and Serita Papalii who makes and sells pancakes in her village in Samoa. $25

Its a worthy cause to donate to. Be sure to check it out.

No comments: