Monday, February 11, 2008

An Interesting Question

Its a warm 2 degrees here in Chicago today. Suzanne and I arrived around noon for a 3 day seminar for church planters. We got in, dropped off our luggage and went out for a walk to a local grocery store for lunch and for me to get tooth paste, as security found me trying to sneak more than 3.4oz of Crest onto the plane. I tried to argue that even though it was a 6oz. container, it was more than half gone. I might have pushed harder, but I quickly remembered that airport security could have me strip searched, and I quickly bid goodbye to my toothpaste.

Upon our return to the hotel, I found my roommate in the room. He is from India, but currently working in the middle of NJ. We talked about quite a bit in a short time. Family, faith, church planting. He was telling me of the struggles of the church in India when an interesting question came up.

He said that the Christians in India used to start schools, hospitals, or other ways of interacting with the community in order to do outreach/evangelism. Now-a-days, those institutions are being taken over by secular or by other faiths. So if the way which we as Christians used to show the love of Christ to others is not as accessable as it was in the past, what ways can we continue to show that love?

I think that'd be a neat question to have the people who read this blog answer.

No comments: