Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ugh

Tom just came by the office and rang the doorbell. Jeff saw him and called him over to his office. I had just left Jeff's office from our weekly meeting and he told me his patience and wallet were running low with him. Well, I waited with Mary in her office for Tom to come over when he was done talking with Jeff. Apparently it was a quick meeting because when we weren't watching, he quickly left and didn't come. We only saw him as he rounded the corner of the church building. I don't know what they talked about. But I'm guessing that he isn't going to make it to church for dinner tonight.

This sucks.

I don't really blame Jeff, although I want to. But I think its something that is part of a larger problem within Christianity. If we can't solve the problem in a few steps and the person doesn't go away, then we are ill equipped to do anything else.

I have often wondered what gospel people read. What good news do we share with other people who come to us. How often do we fail to go out to the people that don't or can't ask? If being a pastor means only helping the people who attend worship on a regular basis, I don't want to do it.

Why is it so bloody hard to get other people on board for living our lives the way Jesus wants?

2 comments:

Suz said...

so what's the deal??

Anonymous said...

Being a pastor does not mean to only help those who attend worship, God sent you to show others that. It’s hard to get people to live the way Jesus wants because it’s something that needs to be done, if it were easy it wouldn’t be called work and you wouldn’t be going to seminary for it.
Eventually it will get easier and won’t be so frustrating.